Preparation / Directions:
Makes 1 3/4 lb. candy or 36 pieces
1. Turn raspberries into a saucepan; heat to simmering, cooking to soften raspberries.
2. Force raspberries through fine strainer to remove seeds; measure strained berries (should be 3/4 cup).
3. Combine berries with pectin and baking soda in 2-quart saucepan. (Mixture will foam.) Cook 5 minutes over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until foam begins to disappear.
4. Meanwhile, combine sugar and corn syrup in second saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
5. Combine syrup with cooked raspberry mixture; simmer 1 minute longer.
6. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice and walnuts.
7. Turn into greased 9 x 5 x 2 3/4-inch pan; let set.
8. Turn out on platter or board, cut into squares, and roll in granulated sugar.
9. Let stand 1 hour longer, then roll in sugar again.