Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 3 1/2 dozen bonbons
1. Beat together cream cheese and milk in small mixer bowl; blend in confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
2. Stir in nuts.
3. Chill until firm enough to handle, about 1 hour.
4. Shape into 1/2-inch balls; place on waxed paper-lined tray.
5. Chill, uncovered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight. (Centers should feel dry to touch.)
6. Stir peanut butter chips and shortening in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water until melted.
7. Using a fork or clean hat pin, dip each center into peanut butter mixture; gently tap fork on side of pan to remove excess peanut buffer mixture.
8. Slide bonbon from fork upside down onto waxed paper, swirling "thread" of peanut butter from fork across top for a decorative touch.
9. Chill; store in a cool place.
10. If melted chips become grainy or too thick, add 1 tablespoon shortening or vegetable oil to each 6 ounces of chips; stir to blend. Return to heat (over hot water) if necessar