Preparation / Directions:
Makes 1 pound
1. Combine corn syrup and sugar in 1 1/2-quart round glass microwave baking dish; stir until well blended.
2. Microwave on High 4 minutes.
3. Stir in nuts; microwave on High 3 to 5 minutes until light brown.
4. Stir in butter and vanilla, blending well; microwave on High 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add baking soda and stir gently until light and foamy.
6. Quickly pour onto lightly greased baking sheet; cool.
7. Break into small pieces; store in airtight container.
NOTE: For clear caramel-type brittle, omit baking soda.