Preparation / Directions:
1. Melt 1/2 cup sugar in heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until a deep golden brown.
2. Remove from heat; immediately pour about 1 tablespoon into each of six 6-ounce custard cups; set aside.
3. Mix eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar together until well blended; gradually stir in milk; add vanilla.
4. Pour into prepared custard cups over caramel; set cups in large baking pan.
5. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2-inch of top of custard; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove promptly from hot water.
6. To serve warm: Cool 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature; gently loosen custard from cups at sides with spatula and invert on serving plate. To serve cold: Chill in refrigerator and unmold.