Preparation / Directions:
1. Drain cherries well; let stand on paper toweling.
2. Combine butter or margarine, corn syrup and salt; stir in powdered sugar.
Knead until smooth.
3. Chill if too soft. Shape a marble-size piece of powdered sugar mixture
(about 1 teaspoon) around each cherry.
4. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; chill.
5. In small heavy saucepan or deep bowl over pan of hot water, melt chocolate
coating, stirring constantly.
6. DO NOT ADD ANY LIQUID.
7. Holding onto stems, dip cherries, one at a time, into melted mixture.
8. Spoon mixture over cherries to coat.
9. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
10. Place in refrigerator to harden.
Store in covered container in cool place.
Let ripen a week or two so fondant will begin to liquefy.
Makes 60 chocolate-covered cherries.