Preparation / Directions:
1. Pour brandy over drained cherries; let set for 2 days.
2. Combine butter, corn syrup and salt; blend until smooth. Add sifted powdered sugar and mix well. Knead until smooth and shiny; chill for 1/2 hour wrapped in waxed paper.
3. While chilling, drain cherries well on paper towels; pat dry. Reserve brandy marinade for cakes or cooking.
4. Shape a marble-sized piece of fondant around each cherry; place on waxed paper-lined tray. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
5. Melt chocolate a small amount at a time. Dip cherries and place back on wax paper-lined tray. Place in refrigerator to set.
Store in covered container in cool dark place for 10 - 14 days to fully ripen.