Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut the fruit in half and remove the flesh (reserve for another use)
saving only the coloured zest and a thin layer of white pith. Cut into strips about BC" wide and 2-3" long.
2. Drop strips into pan of cold water, place over med-high heat and br ing to boil. Drain and repeat three times. During last boiling, continue cooking and simmer 30 mins. Drain again and reserve strips.
3. Combine sugar and water in saucepan over med heat and stir to disso lve sugar. Add strips and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 mins or until strips are translucent and tender.
4. Remove strips with slotted spoon and place on wire rack. Allow to dry for 8 hours or overnight.
5. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water. Dip strips a few at a time to coat. Remove to sheet of aluminum foil and allow chocolate to set. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.