Preparation / Directions:
1. In large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, butter and confectioners'
sugar. Using wooden spoon, mix until smooth and well blended.
2. For large chestnuts; Shape 1 slightly rounded tablespoon into a ball;
flatten one side to resemble a chestnut. Refrigerate several hours or
overnight. Makes about 40.
3. For small chestnuts; Shape 1 slightly rounded teaspoon into a ball.
Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Makes about 80 chestnuts.
4. Next day; In top of double boiler, combine chocolate and paraffin. Place
over hot, not boiling, water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate
and paraffin are melted. Remove from hot water.
5. Using a fork, dip cold chestnuts into chocolate mixture just until two
thirds of the chestnut is covered. Place on rack. When chocolate
coating is firm, store, covered, in a cool, dry place. If desired, freeze for