Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour and baking powder.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and egg yolks. With
electric mixer at medium speed, beat until smooth and fluffy.
3. Using wooden spoon, stir in vanilla, nuts and flour mixture. Mix well.
4. For each acorn, shape 1 slightly rounded teaspoon of dough into a ball.
With fingers, pinch dough to a rounded point at one end to resemble
5. Place 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheet, pointed side up. Bake 15
to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to rack;
6. In top of a double boiler, combine caramels and 1/4 cup water. Over hot
water, stir until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove
7. Dip large end of cooled cookie into caramel, then into nuts. Store
covered in refrigerator.
Makes 75 acorns.