|Course : Cakes
Source: Ross Murray
|A light sponge with butterfly wings!|
Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar together thoroughly with wooden spoon.
2. Break one egg into a mug, wisk, and then gradually mix into the butter/sugar. Repeat for the other egg.
3. Sift in flour gradually, and FOLD into the mixture with plastic spatula.
4. Grease and flour a baking tin, place mixture into it.
5. Put into oven, pre heated to 180*C, for 20 minutes
1. Mix the butter and icing sugar together.
2. Cut a shallow circle in the middle of the cake, then cut this into half (making the wings)
3. Place icing onto cake and fill the hole left behind
4. Place the two wings into the middle sticking up into the air
Note: Food coloring may be used to decorate if desired