Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans.
2. Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Beat margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating each one well before adding the next.
4. Add buttermilk and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and stir until well mixed. Fold in nuts and coconut. Pour batter into prepared cakepans. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Let cakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost as desired.