Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat the egg whites until fluffy.
3. Blend the egg whites with the cake mix and water by hand or a blender.
4. Pour tablespoon-size dollops of batter into each cup of a well-greased muffin tin, do not use muffin liners. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Combine the peanut butter and sugar.
6. While the cake rounds cool, heat the chocolate chips in a double boiler over low heat, stirring often. You can also melt them in a microwave oven set on high for 2 minutes, stirring once halfway through the heating time.
7. When the chocolate is soft, line the bottom half of each muffin-tin cup with shortening; then use a spoon to spread a thin layer of chocolate in each cup.
8. With your fingers, spread a thin layer of peanut butter over the chocolate.
9.Place a cake round on the peanut-butter layer.
10. Spread a layer of choloate over each cake.
11. Cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and enjoy.