Preparation / Directions:
Makes one 9-inch layer cake
1. Prepare and bake cake in 2 greased and floured 9 x 1 1/2" layer cake pans according to package directions.
2. Remove from pans; cool as directed.
3. Place unpeeled bananas on baking sheet; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until very soft.
4. Remove bananas from peel; place in container of electric blender.
5. Add butter, sherry and sugar; blend until smooth. Cool slightly.
6. Slice each cake layer horizontally. Place one layer on a plate; spread with 1/3 banana filling.
7. Repeat with two more layers and remaining banana filling; top with remaining cake layer.
8. Frost top and sides of cake with Whipped Cream Frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
whipped Cream Frosting
Makes enough to frost top and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers
1. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Beat at medium speed until good spreading consistency is obtained, about 4 minutes.