Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 180øC/350øF/gas mark 4. Line an 8in square cake tin with greased greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, ginger and oatmeal in a bowl.
3. Gently melt the sugar, treacle, honey or golden syrup and butter or margarine in a saucepan. Leave it to cool down slightly then stir in the milk.
4. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly, then pour into the cake tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes until it feels firm on top.
5. Remove from the tin and put on a wire tray to cool. Remove the lining paper and store wrapped in foil until served.