Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift flour once; measure and sift again with salt, baking soda and baking powder.
2. Cream lard; add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add banana pulp, then melted chocolate.
5. Combine milk and vanilla.
6. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk to creamed mixture; beat well.
7. Pour into a greased 10 x 14-inch pan; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 45 minutes.
8. Frost with Caramel Coconut Frosting.
Caramel Coconut Frosting
1. Cook sugar and milk together until soft ball forms.
2. Add butter and vanilla; cool. Beat until spreading consistency.
3. Frost cake; sprinkle coconut over top. Run under broiler to brown.
NOTE: Terrific cake; another family favorite!