Preparation / Directions:
1. Lightly butter 12 cuppos of a muffin tin. Sift cocoa then use to "flour" the buttered cups as you would a cake pan. Shake cups to ensure an even coating. Shake out excess over sink, all cocoa will not be used.
2. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan set over low heat, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth (4-5 minutes)
3. Placing yolks in a large mixing bowl, separate eggs saving 4 egg whites for another use. Add remaining 4 whole eggs and sugar. Beat with a whisk or electric beater until light in colour (3-5 minutes). Then while whisking constantly pour in warm chocolate mixtures. When smooth gradually beat in flour until just combined.
4. Dividing equally, pour batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in centre of 400F oven until sides are crusty and resemble a muffin, but centres are still soft, about 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes. Cake centres will become flattened and appear to fall.
5. Run a knife around edges of each muffin/cake. Using a fork to help get underneath remove each cake from tin and invert onto a heat proof serving plate. Serve hot with a few berries and softly whipped cream.
Notes: To make aheat after letting stand 5 minutes turn out and cool baked cakes on a rack. Wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze. To re-heat, remove wrappings, place bottom side up on a plate. Microwave each for 30-45seconds on medium power or until hot. Or heat uncovered on a baking sheet in a preheated 450F oven for 4 minutes. Do not over heat.