Preparation / Directions:
Makes 10-inch-long cake roll
1. Grease bottom and sides of 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
2. Line pan with waxed paper; grease and flour.
3. Beat eggs at high speed on electric mixer 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon-colored.
4. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly; blend in vanilla.
5. Combine pancake mix and cocoa; gradually add to egg mixture, beating at medium speed on electric mixer just until smooth.
6. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan; bake in preheated 375 F. oven 10 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Immediately loosen edges of cake from sides of pan; invert onto clean smooth kitchen towel generously sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel away waxed paper.
8. Roll cake in towel; cool about 20 minutes.
9. Unroll cake; spread whipped topping over cake to within 1/2 inch of edges.
10. Roll cake; place on serving plate.
1. Beat together butter and shortening at high speed on electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Combine sugar and cocoa in small bowl; set aside.
3. Combine milk, coffee crystals, vanilla and salt, stirring until coffee crystals dissolve.
4. Add sugar mixture alternately with coffee mixture to butter mixture, beating well after each addition; beat at high speed on electric mixer for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Spread over cake roll; use tines of fork to simulate bark. Decorate as desire