Preparation / Directions:
1. Prepare 1 package pound cake mix, following label directions. Pour batter into two greased and floured 8 inch layer cake pans.
2. Bake in slow oven (325), 35 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Remove cakes from oven and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen cake around edges with knife, turn out onto wire racks, let cool completely.
3. Prepare remaining package of pound cake mix, following label directions. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
4. Bake in slow oven (325) 1 hour, 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack, turn out onto wire rack and cool.
5. Cut loaf cake in half lengthwise, then divide and cut into 4 even pieces crosswise. Trim so that you have eight pieces crosswise. Trim so that you have eight 2x2 inch squares, brush off crumbs.
6. Put layer cake on serving plate large enough so that the "gifts" will fit around the cake. Put layers together with chocolate frosting. Frost top and sides.
7. Divide vanilla frosting into small bowls or custard cups and tint 3/4 cups yellow, 3/4 cup dark green, 1/4 cup pink, 1/4 cup blue, 1/4 cup purple (2 drops red and 2 drops yellow) and 1/4 cup orange (2 drops red and 2 drops yellow).
8. With a cake decorator and #18 star tip, pipe rosettes of green frosting around top edge of cake. With a #7 writing tip, carefully write "Happy Birthday" on the cake. With a #18 star tip, pipe small rosettes around bottom edge of cake and alternately on every other green rosette on top of the cake.
9. To decorate "gift packages" frost each cube in any color you prefer. Pipe contrasting "ribbons" of frosting using a #104 petal tip. Pipe green "leaves" with a #67 tip. Pipe tiny "flowers" and designs to decorat as you wish.