Preparation / Directions:
1. Grease and flour 3 20 cm layer cake pans.
2. Grate carrots finely.
3. Mix oil and sugar in large bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Sift together dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, blending well. Stir in grated carrots and add pecans.
4. Turn into prepared cake pans. Bake in preheated 180 øC degree oven for 30 minutes or until cake is done.
5. Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers and cool thoroughly before frosting.
6. Cut each layer in half, crosswise. Spread frosting between layers and on top of cake. Garnish with pecan halves, if desired. .SH "Pineapple Cream Cheese Frosting:"
1. Beat cream cheese with butter until smooth.
2. Add confectioner's sugar a little at a time, beating until very smooth and fluffy.
3. Blend in vanilla and drained pineapple.
4. Chill about 30 minutes, until of spreading consistenc