Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree. Butter and flour a 10 inch Bundt or angel food pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, using a for, stir flour withbaking powder, ground ginger, baking soda and salt. If using candied ginger, finely chop. Coarsely chop chocolate. Stir sour cream into milk.
3. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat butter with sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each additiona. Beat in about a third of the flour mixture until combined. Then mix in half of the sour cream mixture. Repeat ending with final third of flour mixture.
4. Fold in candied ginger (if using) and chocolate into batter. Turn batter into pan; smooth top.
5. Bake at 350 until a cake tester inserted into the center come out clean, except for a streak of melted chocolate, about 70-75 minutes. Cook on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn out of pan and finish cooling.
Notes: Cake will keep well covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or can be frozen.