Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine baking mix and 3 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl; add combined butter, milk and vanilla and mix well.
2. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times.
3. Press dough evenly onto bottom of lightly greased 8-inch round cake pan; combine almonds and 1 tablespoon sugar and sprinkle over top, pressing lightly into surface.
4. Bake in preheated 425 F. oven 20 minutes, or until lightly browned; cool slightly. Turn onto rack to cool thoroughly.
5. To peel apricots, plunge into boiling water for a few seconds; gently peel off skin.
6. Halve apricots and remove pits.
7. Place one-third of apricots in blender container with 2 tablespoons sugar and apricot brandy; blend until smooth.
8. Split shortcake in half crosswise; spread blended apricots over cut surface and top with another one-third of apricot halves.
9. Spread with 1/3 whipped cream; top with remaining cake layer, whipped cream and apricot halves.