Family Circle Carrot Cake
|Course : Cakes
Serves: 4 - 6
Preparation / Directions:
1. Adjust oven rack to top of lower third of oven. Heat to 375 F. Grease and flour 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan.
2. Combine flour, sugars, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Make well in center.
3. Beat eggs in small bowl. Stir in oil, orange juice and vanilla.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into well; stir rapidly with wooden spoon until well mixed. Then beat at medium speed 3 minutes, until blended. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in 375 F oven 45 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 F. Bake 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack to cool. Peel off paper.
6. Meanwhile, prepare glaze.
7. Place cake on serving platter. Slowly pour glaze over cake. Garnish with coconut if desired.
Cream-Cheese Glaze: Beat 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, and 2/3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar in bowl until smooth. Mix in 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons milk until good pouring consistenc
5890 Calories (kcal); 367g Total Fat; (54% calories from fat); 99g Protein; 576g Carbohydrate; 748mg Cholesterol; 3546mg Sodium