Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift flour once; measure, add soda and salt; sift together three times.
2. Cream butter until light and fluffy; gradually add sugar, creaming until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each; add chocolate and blend.
4. Add flour and milk alternately, a small amount at a time, beating after each addition until smooth; add vanilla.
5. Turn into two greased, floured, 9-inch cake pans; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 30 minutes, or until done.
6. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes before removing; cool completely before frosting with favorite icing.
7. Serve plain or sprinkle top with coconut.
NOTE: To make "bonnets," use half a marshmallow for crown. Using a tinted mixture of 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons milk (enough to make spreading consistency), outline a brim and make ribbons with a pastry tube. Candy bluebirds or flowers may be added, if desire