Preparation / Directions:
1. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium low heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chili galic sauce and stir one minute.
2. Add cream, sake and lime juice. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened about 7 minutes.
1. Mix first 4 ingredients in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk egg and 2 Tsp water in small bowl. Stir 2 Tbsp egg mixture into crab mixture (which will be dry). Discard remaining egg.
3. Form crab mixture into four 2 1/2-3 inch round patties, using about 1/2 cupful for each.
4. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add crab cakes and saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates, drizzle sauce over and serve.
Source: Bon Appetit, February 1996. Special article on the Road to Hana in Hawaii and the eating places before you go and once you get there. There are no places to stop along the way !! I took a tour to Hana on my last trip to Hawaii with my grandmother in 1995. We grabbed a sandwich for the road from Anthony's Coffee Co. which is mentioned in this articl