Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add eggs, orange juice and orange peel; stir just until blended. Set batter aside.
3. Combine confectioners' sugar, nuts and cocoa in small bowl; stir in melted butter to form a crumb mixture.
4. Spread 3/4 cup batter evenly on bottom of greased 8-inch square pan; sprinkle half the crumb mixture over batter.
5. Spread with 1 cup batter, sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture, and cover with remaining batter.
6. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool slightly; spread with Orange Glaze and serve warm.
Orange Glaze 1. Combine ingredients in small bowl; blend until smooth.
2. Spread on warm coffee cak