Preparation / Directions:
1. For the crust, combine oats, cinnamon, butter and brown sugar in medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Pat into 23 cm pie pan. Bake in preheated 180 øC oven for 15 min., or until golden brown. Cool.
3. For the filling, peel, core and slice apples.
4. In large saucepan, combine apples, water and corn syrup. Cover and cook gently until apples are tender, but not mushy.
5. Drain off liquid, measure it and add apple juice to make 150 ml
6. In another saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the apple liquid. Add butter. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
7. Fold in cooked apple slices. Pour filling into baked and cooled pie curst.
8. Cool before adding topping.
Difficulty : moderate.
Precision : measure ingredients.