Preparation / Directions:
1. Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder; with pastry blender, work shortening into dry ingredients.
2. Add milk; beat dough for 10 minutes, using wire whisk or fork
3. Pat dough into two 8-inch well-greased layer pans; bake in preheated 400 F. oven 10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to 350 F.; bake 10 minutes longer. Serve warm with Blueberry Sauce.
1. Boil 2 cups blueberries, water, sugar and lemon juice together for 15 minutes; remove from heat; cool.
2. Stir in 1 cup washed and thoroughly drained fresh blueberries; chill in refrigerator.
3. Spoon generously over warm Beaten Shortcake; top with whipped cream.