Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Beat in almonds, 3/4 cup chopped chocolate and vanilla extract.
4. Sift together dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
5. Divide evenly between 2 greased, waxed-paper lined and re-greased 8-inch round cake pans.
6. Bake in preheated 375 F. oven 20 minutes, or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pans.
7. Cool on cake rack 10 minutes. Turn out, remove waxed paper, and cool. Slice off tops of cakes if necessary to flatten.
8. Whip cream with honey until stiff.
9. Place first cake layer on serving plate; sprinkle with 1/2 of cherry liqueur; spread with layer of whipped cream and cover evenly with as many sour cherries as will comfortably fit. (Save remainder for another use.)
10. Place second cake layer on top, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with remaining liqueur; cover entire cake with whipped cream. Decorate top and sides of cake with remaining chocolate and maraschino cherries.
11. Chill well before serving.