Preparation / Directions:
1. Cream together sugar, butter, vanilla and salt.
2. Add flour and blend together. User your fingers to spread it over the bottom and partially up the sides of a spring-form pan. Set aside. .SH "FILLING:"
3. Peel and core apples. Cut into slices, place in shallow pan, and cover with foil. Bake in .TE 400 200 oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
4. Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt.
5. Add egg and lemon peel to cream cheese mixture, beat until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into crust, spreading out toward the edges. Arrange apple slices in layers on top. .SH "TOPPING:"
7. Mix Sugar, cinnamon and almonds together and sprinkle over the apple slices.
8. Bake at 200 øC for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust and apples are cooked.
Difficulty : moderate.
Precision : measure ingredients.