Preparation / Directions:
1. Wipe fillets with damp cloth; set aside.
2. Cook onion in butter until soft.
3. Soak bread slices in milk until soft, then squeeze dry, rubbing and crumbling bread with fingers; mix with onion, seasonings and beaten egg.
4. Dividing mixture evenly, spread over fillets.
5. Roll up fillets and fasten with toothpicks.
6. Dust rolls with flour, dip in beaten egg yolk and roll in bread crumbs.
7. Heat oil; arrange rolls in deep-fry basket and plunge into hot fat.
8. Fry until golden brown on all sides; drain on paper towels.
9. Serve with Creole Sauce.
*** CREOLE SAUCE ***
Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently 15 to 20 minutes.
NOTE: Great on vegetables, meats or poultry, too.