Preparation / Directions:
1. Place pecans in 13x9x2-inch baking pan; heat in 250F oven 5 minutes.
2. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup and half the sugar.
3. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil; boil without stirring 5 minutes.
4. Pour syrup over nuts, stirring constantly to coat evenly.
5. Bake in 250F oven 1 hour, stirring several times.
6. Sprinkle nuts with remaining 1/4 cup sugar, tossing to coat evenly; immediately spread out on greased cookie sheets to cool.
7. Quickly separate into individual pecan halves; cool.
8. Store in tightly covered container.