Preparation / Directions:
1. Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
2. Prepare Creole Sauce.
3. Place fillets in shallow baking pans.
4. Combine liquid smoke, butter, garlic powder, soy sauce and salt; brush generously over catfish.
5. Cover with foil; bake in preheated 400F oven about 30 minutes.
6. To serve, place fillet on 1/2 cup rice; top with 1/4 to 1/3 cup Creole Sauce.
*** CREOLE SAUCE ***
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven; add onions, celery and garlic and sauté about 15 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf, black pepper, thyme and Worcestershire sauce; cover and simmer slowly 1 1/2 hours.
3. Blanch bell peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain well.
4. Remove bay leaf from sauce; add bell peppers, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and simmer 15 minutes longer.