Preparation / Directions:
1. In large saucepan, heat milk until almost simmering.
2. Stir in cornmeal until smooth. 3. Stir in shrimp, bell pepper, parsley, onion, shortening, and pepper sauce.
4. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer.
5. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
6. Stir egg yolks into cornmeal mixture.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into cornmeal mixture.
8. Turn into well-greased 2-quart baking dish and bake in preheated 375F oven 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Meanwhile, make sauce. Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour.
10. Gradually stir in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
11. Stir in catsup and Worcestershire sauce.
12. Serve spoon bread with sauce.