Preparation / Directions:
1. Combine half the sugar and the water in small, heavy skillet.
2. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and golden.
3. Divide evenly among six 6-ounce custard cups; immediately swirl each custard cup to coat bottom.
4. Scald cream; meanwhile, beat together eggs and egg yolks in large bowl until slightly thickened.
5. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until well combined.
6. Gradually add cream, then coffee; strain into custard cups.
7. Place cups in shallow baking pan; add enough boiling water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups.
8. Bake in preheated 325F oven 50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool slightly and serve warm, or cool completely, unmold and chill.
NOTE Great with praline sauce!