Preparation / Directions:
1. In large Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium-low heat until crisp, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove bacon; set aside.
3. Mix flour, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and the cayenne pepper.
4. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the black pepper; dredge in seasoned flour to coat (reserve remaining flour).
5. Cook chicken in Dutch oven over medium heat, turning after 15 minutes, or until brown on all sides.
6. Remove chicken; keep warm.
7. Drain off all but 4 tablespoons drippings in pan and add 4 tablespoons reserved flour mixture; cook over low heat, stirring, until dark brown, about 8 minutes.
8. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic, continuing to stir for 5 minutes (vegetables will remain slightly crisp).
9. Measure liquid from tomatoes and add enough water to make 1 cup; chop tomatoes and add to Dutch oven.
10. Slowly stir in chicken broth, tomato liquid, water, rice, and 1 teaspoon each of salt and chili powder.
11. Return chicken to pan; add Worcestershire sauce and bay leaf.
12. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to lowest setting, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is done.
13. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon when ready to serve.