Preparation / Directions:
1. Cook asparagus in boiling water in 2-quart saucepan until tender; drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
2. Place reserved liquid and all but 1/2 cup asparagus in blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
3. In same saucepan, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
4. Add butter; stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium-low heat and boil 1 minute.
5. Stir in asparagus puree and sherry; blend well, then add reserved 1/2 cup asparagus.
6. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.