smothered hamburger with mushroom gravy
|Course : Burgers
Source: Stanley King
Serves: 4 per pound
|This an easy and quick recipe for those on the run but want a hearty, stick to your ribs meal that will last. I use it to aid in cleaning the fidge out. Use your imagination and add anything you care.|
Preparation / Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix the burger, onions, garlic, egg, rice and salt and pepper, mixing well.
2. Form 4 patties and cook in a large pan (like a chicken frying pan) until browned and drain the fat.
3. Mix the soup and water and pour over the patties and simmer until done and gravy has thickened; about 10-15 min.
4. Add water to keep gravy from becoming too thick.
5. Serve this with mashed potatoes or over bread/biscuits or any side you may have on hand.
Note: This is a rich tasting meal and gratifyingly easy for those times you don’t have much time but want to give the family a nutritious boost. Have fun with it and enjoy!!