Preparation / Directions:
Makes one 9 x 5-inch loaf
1. Drain pears, reserving syrup.
2. Set aside 1 pear half for garnish; puree remaining pear halves.
3. Add reserved pear syrup to pureed pears to equal 1 cup.
4. Lightly stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cardamom.
5. Combine pureed pear mixture with oil, egg and lemon peel; stir into dry ingredients. Fold in nuts.
6. Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
7. Slice reserved pear half into sixths; arrange slices over top of batter in pan.
8. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven 50 to 55 minutes, or until bread tests done.
9. Let cool in pan 5 minutes; turn out on wire rack and spoon Lemon Glaze over top.
10. Cool completely; wrap in foil and let stand overnight.
Blend lemon juice into confectioners' sugar to make a thin glaz