Preparation / Directions:
1. Scald milk; cool to lukewarm. Dissolve yeast in warm water (105 degrees). Add the cooled milk. Stir in 1-1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
2. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
3. Punch down and add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and the remaining flour. Beat well.
4. Spread the dough in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spoon 2 tablespoons margarine and 1 tablespoon sugar over dough. Cover; let rise until double.
5. Press apples or peaches into dough. Mix cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/2 cup sugar. Sprinkle over fruit.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.