Preparation / Directions:
Makes 2 loaves
1. Scald milk; add sugar and salt, stirring to dissolve sugar.
3. Dissolve yeast in water; add to milk mixture.
4. Stir in egg, raisins, currants, candied peel, cinnamon, nutmeg and 2 1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
5. Add 3 more cups flour and butter; mix thoroughly.
6. Form dough into a ball; turn onto lightly floured board and knead well.
7. Place dough in a bowl; grease the top.
8. Cover; let rise until doubled in bulk.
9. Divide dough in half; form loaves.
10. Place into 2 greased 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pans; cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk.
11. Bake in preheated 375 F. oven 40 minutes, or until done.
12. Turn out on wire rack to cool.