Preparation / Directions:
TO MAKE BY MACHINE:
1. Place the ingredients in the order listed in the pan of your bread machine. Set it to Whole Wheat and start. In a little over 3 hours you will have a lovely loaf suitable for dinner, but especially good toasted for breakfast.
TO MAKE BY HAND:
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let stand for 10 minutes. Add the egg substitute, oil, lemon juice, and molasses and stir.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and pour in the liquid. WIth your hands or a wooden spoon, combine to make a smooth dough.
3. Knead for 10 minutes on a floured board, place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel, and allow to rise until double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Punch the dough down, shape into a loaf, and place in an oiled 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2- inch (21 x 11 x 6-cm) loaf pan. Cover lightly with the towel and let rise until it's double in size, about another hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake the bread in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 190°F (88°C). Turn out of the pan and cool on a rac