Beef Medallions in Red Wne Sauce
|Course : Beef
|This quick, rich entrée is terrific served over buttered noodles.|
Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 equal rounds. Pound beef rounds to flatten to generous 1/4-inch thick medallions. Season lightly with salt andpepper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sautÃ© beef in skillet until brown on outside but still pink in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer beef to plate.
3. Add remaining butter to same skillet. Add garlic, shallots and thyme; sautÃ© until tender, about 3 minutes. Add flour; stir 1 minute.
4. Add broth and wine. Boil until saucethickens and is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
5. Return beef and any collected juices to sauce in skillet; heat through, about 1 minute. Transfer beef to plates, Spoon sauce over.