Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bone the loin, removing all the fat and sinew, and reserve them. Season the loin with salt and pepper.
3. Place fat and trimming in the bottom of a roasting pan and set the loin on top. Roast for 45 minutes. The roast should still be pink inside, not well done. Transfer it to a warm platter.
4. While the meat is roasting, peel the skins of the oranges and the lemons and cut into julienne. Place in a small saucepan with the sugar and enough water to cover. Boil until the sugar begins to caramaelize. Pour the julienne into a strainer and rinse briefly under water. Set aside.
5. Squeeze the juice from the oranges. Remove fat and trimmings from the roasting pan and pour off any fat that has accumulate. Deglaze with the port and add the veal stock and orange juice. Simmer 15 minutes, strain, and reduce until only 1 cup remains. Whisk in the butter, one piece at a time, to slightly thicken the sauce. Reserve and keep warm.
Presentation: Place a slice of the roast on a warm plate. Nap with sauce and sprinkle with the julienne of orange and lemon peels.
A dinner dish with a splash of citrus.