Preparation / Directions:
1. Cut peel and white pith from 1 tangerine. Over small bowl, cut on either
side of membranes to remove each segment from tangerine or orange, allowing
fruit and juice to drop into bowl; set aside. From remaining fruit, with
vegetable peeler, remove eight 3-inch-long strips peel (about 3/4 inch wide
each). With knife, remove any white pith from peel. Squeeze 3/4 cup juice.
2. In 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat until
hot. Add strips of peel and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
Remove peel to large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, on waxed paper, toss beef slices with 2 tablespoons cornstarch
to coat evenly. Cook half of beef until crisp and lightly browned on both
sides, about 5 minutes; remove to bowl with peel. Repeat with remaining 1
tablespoon vegetable oil and remaining beef.
4. Add broccoli and 2 tablespoons water to skillet. Reduce heat to medium;
cover and cook 2 minutes. Increase heat to high. Remove cover and add green
onions and red pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring. Add garlic and ginger; cook
1 minute longer.
5. Meanwhile, in cup, stir juice, soy sauce, crushed red pepper, and
remaining 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch until blended.
6. Add juice mixture and cook until sauce thickens slightly and boils,
stirring. Return beef mixture to skillet. Add citrus segments with any juice
in bowl; gently toss to combine.
Why order takeout when you can make this popular dish at home? Serve with