Preparation / Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Pat beef tenderloi dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat vegetable oil in large heavy oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Brown meat on all sides, about 8 minutes.
3. Add chopped carrots, onions and thyme to skillet.
4. Transfer skillet to oven and roast beef until meat thermometer registers 120F (for rare); stir vegetables occasionally during cooking, about 3o minutes.
5. Transfer beef to platter, tent with foil to keep warm. Place skillet with vegetables over medium high heat. Add canned beef broth and whisky and bring to boil, scarping up any browned bits.
6. Boil until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Strain sauce and return to skillet.
7. Mix flour and butter in small bowl until smooth paste forms. Add to sauce in skillet and whisk until well blended. Add whipping cream, crush black pepper and any beef juices.
8. Simmer over medium heat until sauce thickens, whisking constantly, about 3 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt.
9. Cut beef into thick slices and arrange on platter. Spoon sauce over.