Preparation / Directions:
1. Put the onion and garlic into a small roasting pan and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from the oven and cool. Cut the stem ends from the onions and discard. Chop the onions coarsely. Set the garlic aside for the dressing.
2. Combine 1 cup broth and the rice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring well. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook 15 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the broth and is tender. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the roasted onions, pinto beans, tomato and celery to the rice.
4. In a small saucepan, boil the remaining vegetable broth down to 3 tablespoons.
5. Puree the roasted garlic in a food processor. Add the reduced broth, lime juice, oregano, cumin seeds, paprika, cayenne, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Process until combined and pour over the salad. Add the cilantro and mix well. Refrigerate; bring the salad to room temperature before serving.