Preparation / Directions:
* To reconstitute black beans, boil in 6 cups water for 2 min. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside 1 hr. Beans will double in size Equipment: Large-size saucepan with cover or Dutch oven, mixing spoon, small size skillet
1. Put drained, soaked beans with water in large saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, cove, and cook for about 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender; stir frequently.
2. Add sausage, beef, and pork, mix well, cover, and cook over medium heat for about 45 min. Stir frequently and add a little hot water if necessary to prevent sticking.
3. In small skillet, fry bacon over medium heat for 5 min or until crisp.
4. Add jalapeno, tomato, and garlic. Mix well.
5. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Add bacon and vegetables to meat mixture and salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste.
6. Mix well, remove from heat and serve.
7. Serve over rice and garnish with orange slices.