Preparation / Directions:
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl; stir in sugars.
2. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in oats.
3. Press 2/3 crumb mixture onto bottom of lightly greased 9 x 9-inch baking pan; spread with preserves.
4. Add almonds to remaining crumb mixture and sprinkle over preserves, patting down lightly.
5. Bake in preheated 375 F. oven 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden.
6. Cool on wire rack; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and cut into square