Preparation / Directions:
Makes 25 bars
1. Cream butter in a small mixing bowl; gradually add confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually blend in flour.
3. Press evenly in a 10-inch square baking pan; bake in a preheated 350 F. oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small mixing bowl until thick and lemon-colored; gradually beat in sugar.
5. Stir in pudding mix and baking powder; add pecans and dates.
6. Spread on hot crust; return to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
7. Cool on wire rack; cut into bars.
NOTE: For a slightly different twist, pecan date bars can be transformed into coconut date bars by substituting 1 cup of flaked coconut for the pecan