Preparation / Directions:
Makes 36 cookies
1. Combine prunes, water, marmalade and salt in saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally; cool.
1. Combine oats, flour, salt, baking soda and sugar in a large mixing bowl; blend well.
2. Add shortening and butter; mix until evenly distributed in dry ingredients.
3. Divide in half; pack one-half into bottom of 9-inch square baking pan; spread with prune filling.
4. Pat remaining oatmeal mixture on top of filling; bake in preheated 350 F. oven 45 to 50 minutes.
5. Cool in pan on wire rack; cut into bars 1 x 2 inches.
NOTE: Good, not too rich! Very crumbly. Keeps well.